Retail Store: How to create & run your retail store
eCommerce refers to the process of buying and selling goods and services online. Understanding what constitutes a "retail store" necessitates first grasping the true meaning of the term “Retail” which is a simple term that refers to selling anything (either consumer products or consumer services) to clients and making a profit. A retail store, unlike other businesses, is built so that the goods or the services can be sold with few clicks anywhere in anytime. With ExpandCart you can open your online retail store in few steps and add your products or services easily. If you want to know how to launch your store, please visit this page.
In this article, we will outline:
Why Retail store?
If you already have a bussiness and not online yet, or willing to open a one and want to go online, then you're on the right track to build or grow your bussiness. Going online is an inveitble step in this era as a success seeker you can't ignore, ExpandCart provides you with the needed tools to achieve your goal and run your retail online store and be your success partner. Online retail stores have unnumbered advanatges for store oweners as well as customers.
Why customers prefer online shopping:
- Saves time and efforts.
- Convenience of Shopping at home.
- Wide variety/range of products are available.
- Good discounts/lower prices.
- Get detailed information of the product.
- Can compare various models/brands.
Why you need to have an online retail store:
- Widened scope: A physical store is limited to selling to customers who are in the area.
- 24/7 shopping: Most eCommerce websites allow shoppers to peruse products and make buying decisions at any time, day or night.
- Purchase-funnel clarity: Currently, it’s nearly impossible to track how often a single customer comes to a physical store to browse before making a purchasing decision.
- Online shopping saves money: To attract customers to shop online, e-tailers and marketers offer discounts to the customers. Due to elimination of maintenance, real-estate cost, the retailers are able to sell the products with attractive discounts through online.
- Customer intelligence: ability to use online marketing tools to target new customers and website analysis tools to gain insight into your customers' needs. ExpandCart provides you with unlimitted marketing services will be mentioned in this article.
What do we offer?
With the constant updates, ExpandCart developers are working on, knowing how to launch an online store and applying it have now become much easier and faster. You don’t even need any help, expertise, or technicalities. You can do everything professionally on your own. And because the motto we believe in —‘Business For All’— we at ExpandCart are always striving to provide the easiest online store setup experience with minimal effort and minimal cost. This is to enable entrepreneurs, beginners, and professionals alike, to start their own eCommerce businesses. All this is possible through a powerful, all-inclusive, and user-friendly dashboard that comes with full support for the Arabic language as well as more than 8 other languages. “How to Launch Your Store on ExpandCart in 8 Steps” is, therefore, a complete guide that explains every step of the store creation process backed up by instructive visuals from the dashboard itself. Launch your store now following the PDF guide steps.
How to get paid?
-Cash on delivery: the easiest and fastest way to collect your money from the buyer and also some customers like to view their product first before paying.
-ExpandPay: makes you avoid third parties and have all that is needed to complete your order fulfillment cycle in one platform, and also If your business is not registered you can just activate online payment by submitting your national ID, Cash-out with a minimum of 250 LE, Transaction fees: 2.75% + 3 EGP.
-Bank transfer: Enables customers to transfer funds to your bank account easily.
-PayPal: allows payment through credit cards, bank accounts, or PayPal account balances and also gives credibility to your store as it’s one of the safest online payments.
-MyFatoorah: A Leading Service Provider for Online Payment in Kuwait & GCC, used by many sellers as it’s supported in Kuwait, KSA, Egypt, Bahrain, Qatar, UAE.
How do the items get shipped?
ExpandCart offers you special rates and free integration with multiple shipping companies (Around 50 shipping methods), here you go with some of the popular ones:
-Aramex: Aramex is a leading express delivery and logistics service provider to the Middle East and other emerging economies, Arame offers:
- Domestic and international shipping
- Tracking shipments
- Cash on Delivery
-DHL: DHL is the global market leader in logistics services. It offers all shipping, tracking, and express shipping services.
-Mylerz: one of the best shipping companies in Egypt, allow Same Day & Next Day Delivery. Tracking shipments, allow COD.
-Bosta: supported in Egypt, allow a full-service next-day delivery and logistics solution with the option to monitor & track shipments from placing the order, allow COD
-SMSA: SMSA Express has developed a range of services, including international and domestic express transportation, road, sea and air freight, customs clearance, e-commerce solutions, special services for the health care sector, special delivery channel, mailroom management, and many other services that qualify SMSA Express as the ideal logistics partner for prominent Saudi companies.
-AyMakan: supported in Saudi Arabia, AyMakan's services:
- The number of attempts (3 phone calls &3 SMS or WhatsApp during three working days).
- Our average combined (COD - Non-COD) success rate is over 90%.
- We transfer all COD remittance every 15 days with a detailed report.
- We do have our own cars branded with the AyMakan logo.
- Our courier accepts MADA, STC PAY, and CASH for the payments.
- We do have our own system that allows you to track, create, export shipments. Also, we can arrange the API integration.
- 25 SAR for All Covered Areas
- 5 SAR for Cash Collection (COD Orders)
- No Return Fees
-Warehouse shipping: Manage your warehouses directly from inside your store backend. Handling shipments separately from each warehouse and defining a certain shipping rate for the warehouse.
-Products Update: This app will let you bulk update your products, Can be used when the store has a huge container of products entering the warehouse, and want to update the quantities in no time.
-Custom Registration Page: Allows you to customize the registration page, to make it easier for the customer while signing up on your store and collect the data that you care about.
-Enhance your store search: Since you will have several products you can enhance the store search using the following apps so customers can find their needs easily: Search auto complete, Advanced product filter, and Lableb.
-Custom Email Template: Will allow you to customize the emails the customers receive after making an order or for marketing campaigns which gives the customer a better experience with your store.
-Discount Mass Update: Makes it easier for you to add discounts on a category or selected group of products in few clicks to save your time.
-Sales Booster: with this app, you can boost your sales and take your conversion rate to the next level, with this unique application, you can boost your store sales up to 400%
-Social Proof Notifications By TrustRol: increase your sales with TrustRol as this app Increases signup and purchase conversions by showing recent orders and active users on your website.
-Friendly URLs: make your website’s URL easier and more friendly to the user since you will have a huge number of products, this will improve your SEO as well.
-Speakol: is a native advertising and content recommendation platform aiming to revolutionize the online advertising industry, reach your audience through Customized widgets blend in with websites design, content, look and feel serving ads as part of the editorial flow of the page, and more.
When running an online store, marketing is essential since this is will be one of your main methods to attract an audience and increase your sales and revenue. The main marketing services ExpandCart offers:
- Google analytics: The goal of Google Analytics is to help you as a business owner to deliver a high-quality website to your customers and provide you with all the necessary information regarding the website statistics. So, Google Analytics basically helps you market to the right people, in the right way and at the right time.
- Google AdWords: With Google Adwords grow online sales, bookings, or mailing list signups with online ads that direct people to your website. Get in front of customers when they’re searching for businesses like yours on Google Search and Maps. Only pay for results, like clicks to your website or calls to your business.
- Facebook pixel: is a code that serves as the link between your online store and the Facebook account of your brand, to link them and give you access to many advantages that help you in managing your stores, such as data and analysis of your customers and their behavior on the website.
- Coupons, discounts, and vouchers: Discounts whether it is coupons or automatic are a very powerful marketing tool, ExpandCart Provides you with the tool to create different types of discounts. You can make the discount general and eligible for everyone following its rules or you can make it with a code the customers need to type while checking out. You may create vouchers too through ExpandCart.
- Store affiliates marketing: With affiliate marketing, you increase your reach faster and more consistently, and distribute your message to the widest possible audience on the Internet. By doing so the affiliates will use their influence to promote your products on their own sites and social media channels, leveraging their huge audiences to your advantage.
- Store Expert Review: In this service, one of our e-marketing experts will review your store closely and in detail and then send you his detailed recommendations in all aspects to help you increase your sales.
Finally, you can check the following articles depending on the industry you're interested in:
Was this article helpful?