Discount coupons are a very powerful marketing tool, ExpandCart Provides you with the tool to create different types of discount coupons.
Go to Marketing then Discount coupons, then click on Create a new coupon.
In this article:
There are different types of coupons:
Coupon general setting:
In this part:
Add the coupon information;
1-Coupon name: the commercial name for the coupon.
2-Discount Code: The code your customer is going to use in the checkout for the discount to be applied you can either add it manually or click on generate code and the system will automatically generate a unique code
You can choose which type of customers to use the coupon
- Everyone (logged in users and guest): Coupon can by used by any customer
- Logged In Users: Coupon can be used only by registered and logged in customers
- Specific groups of customers: Coupons can be used by the specific group you choose from the menu ( EX. wholesale group, retail).
- Specific customer: Coupon can only be used by the customer or customers you choose.
- Minimum/Maximum to apply: To determine the minimum and maximum amount of order value for coupon to apply.
- Number limit of usage: to determine the number of times coupon can be used by all customers ( ex. coupon will be valid for the first 100 customers to use it).
- Limit to one use per customer: to determine how many times can one customer use the coupon.
Apply to or exclude:
You can choose what coupon;
- Applies to: All products, Specific category, brand, or specific product/products.
- Exclude: a specific category, brand, or specific product/products and it will be applicable on all products except what you choose to exclude.
Determine when the coupon starts and when it expires.
Show notification on your store:
Checking this box shows a notice on store about the discount and where it is applicable as shown in the image below: