In this article we will outline the required steps to integrate Tamara as a payment gateway into your store in ExpandCart:
1- Go to settings:
2- Click on payment:
3- Find Tamara by using the search bar:
4- Get started:
5- Click on “Proceed”:
6- If you don’t have a Tamara account, you can click on the left button to create a Tamara account first, if you have an account, just click on “Yes, I have an account”:
Please make sure to enable the status and the debugging mode if you want to as shown below:
- API Token: Your merchant token provided by Tamara
- Notification Token: Your notification token provided from Tamara, used to receive notifications from Tamara in the background.
- Callback_url: This will display as default and uneditable, used to receive response data from Tamara.
- Debugging: it should be only enabled if we are working in test(sandbox) Mode.
Finally, you will have the option to change “Tamara Order Statuses Mapping” settings but it’s highly recommended to click on the “Add” button to add all Tamara statuses so it is automatically synced otherwise automatic in-store tracking will be disabled.
- New: New order created before processing the payment with Tamara.
- Approved: Order status when checkout is a success (after the redirect): The status that you want to set for the order if the payment is successful with Tamara
- Authorized: The status that you want to set for the order after it is authorized.
- Canceled: The status that you want to set to trigger a Cancel event to Tamara to cancel the payment if you want to cancel the order. This should occur before the Capture event
- Captured: The status that you want to set to trigger the Capture event to Tamara.
- Refunded: The status that you want to set to trigger the Refund event to Tamara. This should be triggered after the order has been captured.
After clicking on the “Install App” button, as shown below, Tamara will be listed as a payment option on your store check-out page:
The check-out page:
If the customer fulfills the criteria needed such as choosing Saudi as the country of destination and using a Saudi phone number as well as selecting Saudi riyal as a currency for the order he will be able to choose one of Tamara’s two payment methods depends on the order amount and the ranges you specified in your Tamara’s account: