This shipping method is the most customized shipping method as it contains many characteristics and conditions that can help you specify and apply custom shipping rates according to the product, category, geo zone, or total cart amount. Even more, conditions can be added.
First, go to the settings section from your store’s dashboard.
Then we will go to payment method (Category & Product Based Shipping)
The settings for this shipping method contains the following sections:
- Default tax class: Set the default tax class applied to charges. Any charge that does not have a "Tax Class" rule will use this tax class.
To know more on how to add a tax to your online store, you can check the following article: How to add a tax rate.
- Distance Units: To calculate the distance that the supplier will take to reach the customer to deliver the order.
- Distance Calculation: to choose the distance unit based on your requirements and the type of default unit used by the contracted shipping company.
- Testing Mode: Enable Test Mode if the shipping method is not working properly in the storefront.
- Automatic Saving: to save changes automatically without having to click on save every time after completing the amendment.
- AutoComplete Pre-loading : Choose whether to pre-load the auto-complete database when the page is loaded, or to pull items dynamically from the database. Pre-loading is faster, but may take too long with large databases.
- Default Admin Display: Set the way table rows are displayed by default when the page is loaded. Select "Collapsed" to improve page loading speed.
- Tooltips: To enable or disable the help hints for each field.
- Group: to put a name or symbol for the graphic base to help later in grouping the fees rules together.
- Title: It consists of two parts, the first part is a reference name to write the name or the address of the shipping fee rule that will be made so that you can distinguish the rules from some of them, and the second part is the name of the shipping fee base that will appear on the order completion page on your storefront such as regular mail, express mail, Free shipping, shipping and export, special shipping to the Arab Gulf countries ... etc.
- Charge: The required shipping fees will be added here
This part is divided into two parts:
- Simple fees: they are either fixed fees (will be applied according to the conditions in the next part, such as a specific category or the total purchases of the basket, or there are fees for each item or if they are applied to each product added in the basket separately also, according to the conditions specified in the next part.
- Specific fees: in which the shipping fees are added according to distance, postal code, size, quantity, total purchases, or weight. For example, for drawing by weight, it is preferable to write weights and prices from left to right, and each weight and price on a separate line without placing a comma, as follows:
Weight = price
In this example, we will find that the weights from zero to 1 kilogram is equal to the shipping price of 20
- Conditions: There are many conditions that can be added to this shipping method, such as that the shopping cart contains specific products, or from certain categories, or a certain quantity, or a specific total price, or the shipping address belongs to a specific geo zone ... etc.
The following image is an example of a rule for shipping charges, the name is shipping to Chip to (different cities), and it will appear to customers on the order completion page the name that will be displayed to the customers is (shipping fees based on your city), and the shipping price varies according to weight, and the conditions for applying this rule is that the customer's shipping address is in one of the geo zones defined here.
You can add more than one custom shipping fee base can be created as needed.
For more information about a custom shipping method for each product or section, please watch the following video: Learn how to set advanced shipping methods on ExpandCart
Its function is to collect the fees rules together, for example, if we have a base for shipping products from a certain category with shipping fees for each item and the name of group A, and a rule for shipping products from another category with shipping fees for each item and the name of group B, then a rule can be created to group the two shipping rules to appear on the completion page The order as a single shipping method collects the shipping fees for the products from both categories in the two group rules as follows:
Through this feature, you can collect a number of products or categories in one group to apply the condition to them in the base of the shipping fees without the need to add products or all categories in the conditions section.
Name: Through which you can specify the name of the group to be used in the condition later.
Group members: Through which you can choose the products or categories that you wish to add in the group on which the conditions will be implemented, as shown in the following picture:
Once done adding the products and categories to the group, you can return again to the charge section and create a special condition for using this group as shown in the following picture
Through this feature, you can group a number of conditions into one set of conditions so that you can use them directly without the need to add them individually each time when creating a new condition.
Name: You can specify the name of a group of conditions to be used in the conditions later.
Conditions: You can choose all the conditions that you want to apply in the group on which the conditions will be implemented, as shown in the following image:
Once done adding the conditions to the group, you can return again to the charge section and create a special condition for using this group as shown in the following image: