How to add new products to my store?
- To add new products to your store, you have to relocate to the control panel from the left side of the screen, and from there to the drop menu "Products" then selecting the subject "Products" as in the next screenshot.
- When the products page for your store appears, you will find on the top right of the screen a field dedicated to "Add a new product"
- When you click on "Add a New Product'', a page for adding products to your store will open, which will automatically appear on the "simple view" mode
- When you use the "simple view" mode, 5 sections will appear in front of you. First, a section for the “product images”, a section that is optionally filled by the merchant with one or more images. The images are uploaded or you can use one of the images already used inside your store or they can be simply by drag and drop method.
- Secondly, there are 3 consecutive fields that are compulsorily filled out, and they are the “product name” field, the “product description” field, and the “price” The 3 fields must be filled in both Arabic and English.
- Thirdly, there is a fourth section for discounts offers that can be activated by clicking on the box "Do you offer discounts?", when you activate the box, a new field for "price after discount" will open for you.
- Fourth, there is an "unlimited quantity" box at the top of the screen, which is an automatically activated box where it is assumed that the available quantity of the product is unlimited and in case the quantity is limited, deactivate the box and a new field of "Product quantity" will open for you to place the actual quantity available.
- Fifthly and finally the “Categories” section, which is a field that is optionally filled by the merchant to link the product to a specific category that was previously set in the store or link it to a new category that has not yet been identified on the store, as after adding a new category, the system automatically will list it in your store.
- After you have finished putting all the data you want to display in the product, save the data by clicking on the “Save” button at the top of the page.
When enabling the “advanced view” on the “add new product” page, you will find 10 sections
- First, the "Basic Information" section, and there are 4 fields, the first of which is the product image field, which is a field that is optionally filled by the merchant with one or more images. The images can be uploaded or you can use one of the images already used inside your store or can be uploaded by a simple drag and drop method. Then, 3 fields are mandatory to be filled in, namely the “product name” field, the “product description” field, and the “price” field. The mandatory fields are written in both Arabic and English.
- Secondly, the “Price Details” section with 3 fields, the “Cost Price” field and the “Profit” field, which is a field that is automatically calculated by the system by subtracting the cost price from the selling price of the product, and the “Taxes” field, which is a drop-down list to choose between being the product Subject to a specific type of tax or not.
- Third, the “Shipping info” section. This section contains a toggle button for “Requires Shipping” which is activated automatically and you can deactivate it in the event that the sold product does not need to be shipped, in addition to this button there is a box “Add product dimensions” and in case this box is activated, you will see 4 fields, "weight", "length", "width" and "height" where the merchant can fill in any fields he wishes and leave the rest of the fields blank.
- The "Options" section, from which you can add new options to your product, such as size and color, when you click on "Create a new option"
- The "Discounts" section where you can add offers and discounts for the product through this section, when you click on "Add a new discount", you will see 6 fields, the first field is a drop-down menu to choose the "customer category" targeted by this discount, the second field is "the quantity" and it is The quantity that the customer must request in order to obtain the discount, the third field and the “priority” field, the fourth is the “reduced price” field and the last two fields are assigned to the “discount start date” and “the end of the reduction” field.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) section: and it contains two fields, the "Page title" field and the "Description" field, and they are devoted to linking the product to the classification within the search engines.
- The “Product Availability” section contains a toggle button dedicated to “Status” which is activated automatically on product availability, and in the event that the button is deactivated, a new field will appear for you to specify “Product Availability Date” as the system will automatically change the product's status for available on the specified date.
- The “Inventory” section This section contains 5 subsections. The first subsection contains two fields, the first field is “SKU” or the stock keeping unit and the other field is the “barcode” field, the second subsection is a toggle button for “quantity” It is activated automatically on "unlimited quantity" of the product and in the event that the quantity of the product is limited, deactivate the switch button to show you two new fields, a field "product quantity" and another field for the status that you want to appear to customers when the product ends from stock, and this state is automatically "Out of stock", while the third sub-section is a switch button for "deduct from the available product quantity", which is activated automatically and you can deactivate it and follow up on the stock yourself. The fourth sub-section is a single field for "model". Finally, the fifth sub-section, which is a box for “Add quantity limit per order,” while activating this box, two empty fields for “minimum” and “maximum” orders will appear for you, where you can set a maximum and a minimum for one order through them or place Only minimal or maximum position only.
- The “Linking” section, which is a section that contains 5 fields, the “categories” field to which the product belongs, which is a drop-down list to specify the categories to which the product belongs from the list of specific categories within the store or Add the product to a new category where the system automatically lists that category within your store, and the "brand" field, which is a field for the brand to which your product belongs, and a final field for "related products" which will be displayed at the bottom of the page when the customer browses the product. You can also add the "Downloads" field to this section when activated in "Products"> "Product settings".
- The “Notes” section, which is a section that contains a field dedicated to “internal notes” about the product. The text written in this field appears only within the managers and store supervisors, not the end customers. You can also add the "General Use" field by activating it under "Products" <"Product Settings". This field is used to display specific text for the customer such as room temperature or expiration date.