A Domain Name is the URL of your site that you type in your browser to access the website and replaces the IP address because of the difficulty of maintaining the IP for each site. An example of the domain name is google.com or expandcart.com, and the domain is unique to your website only and different from any other website, there are no homes with the same address!
1. What is the importance of registering a domain name?
When you sign up on the ExpandCart platform, you get a control panel and a storefront that contains all the data for the store. This is known as hosting, but in this case, your store is displayed as a sub-domain of the expandcart.com domain for example abc.expandcart.com
To create a custom name instead of this address you must register what is known as a domain name to replace abc.expandcart.com to be something like mystoreabc.com, that will allow you to have a dedicated domain name and a business identity on the Internet.
2. Tips for choosing a domain name
- Your domain name should be easy to type
- The name of your domain should be as short as possible (between a word or two)
- Your domain name may contain some of the keywords relevant to your business
- Stay away from the Arabic domains always make sure to choose English domains
- Your domain name may contain the name of the country or something like "sa", "eg", etc.
- We recommend that you stay away from symbols in choosing a domain for your store
- Make sure to choose an attractive and wonderful domain for your store
- We recommend that all available domain extensions be purchased for the same domain name
3. If I already have a domain, how do I link it to my online store in expandcart?
To connect your domain to your store without having to transfer the domain to us, following these steps:
- Log on to your domain account
- Enter into DNS settings
- Create the following two A Records
With the following data
Points to / IP: 220.127.116.11
Points to / IP: 18.104.22.168
Then you add the domain in the control panel, you can add up to 3 domains per store
Store Settings >> Domains >> Write a new domain name and then click on Add Domain Link
The process of running the domain and publishing it on the Internet through our server may take from 6-24 hours at most.
4. If I do not have a domain, how I register a new domain?
After entering the control panel of your store
Click on the admin icon then Billing Account at the top of the page as shown below:
Then click on Register a New Domain
Then enter the domain name you want to be purchased and must be available until it is booked like the next image ... Then click on Add to Cart
After that, you will see the settings domain pages ... Since this domain will be purchased from our side you can ignore the existing data and click on the Continue button ... as shown below
Then you will go to the Review & Checkout page to review the request ... Click on the checkout button as shown below
The last step is the checkout page ... where you choose the appropriate payment method for you. There are 3 ways which you can pay the bill of the domain (Credit Cards, PayPal, and Bank Transfer) ... Choose the appropriate payment method for you and then click I have read and agree to the Terms of Service then click on Complete Order
The following picture is an example in case you choose the PayPal method, after selecting the PayPal and clicking on Complete Order, you will be redirected to the login page on your PayPal account.
5. I have a registered domain but can not connect it to my store?
In this case, you can contact ExpandCart Technical support team at email@example.com
And ask for help in linking the domain, in which case you can give the support team temporary access to your domain control panel, so they can make the necessary settings as soon as possible.
Check the below link to learn more about our pricing and packages.