What is the Google AdSense and how to add it to my store?
Looking to earn extra revenue from your store with Google AdSense? You can do so by showing ads with AdSense easily on your store in ExpandCart. You have the option to adjust the Ads and let them be displayed in the way and style you prefer.
In this article, we will guide you on:
Create a Google Adsense account:
1- We will access this page to sign up, just provide your store URL link and your email address:
3- The AdSense account has been created successfully, provide your payment details where you will receive the earnings through it:
Link it with your store:
1- Through the AdSense dashboard, make sure to access the Sites sections to add your store URL link:
2- After adding the store URL link, copy the code so we can add it to the store:
3- Now to add the code to the store, please go to Settings>>Custom Code to paste it in the header part as follows:
4- Finally, you can get back to the AdSense page and click on Request review. This usually takes a few days, but in some cases can take up to 2 weeks. Google will notify you as soon as they run some checks on your site.
Setup the Ads:
You can set up the Ads easily by clicking on the following button on the Google AdSense dashboard:
You will be able to review the Ads places while adjusting them:
How to cancel Google AdSense:
You can cancel it easily by removing your site following these steps:
To permanently cancel your AdSense account, you must be an account Administrator. Upon cancellation, you'll receive your final payment within approximately 90 days of the end of the month, provided that your account balance is greater than the cancellation threshold. Note that Google will not make payments for any earned balance that does not reach this threshold. To cancel it:
- Sign in to your AdSense account.
- Click Account.
- In the "Account Information" section, click cancel account.
Please be aware of the following:
- Your AdSense ad code will stop working, so make sure you've removed the ad code from all of your pages.
- If you've associated a Custom Search Engine with this AdSense account, the search will continue to work, but the ads will no longer be associated with this account. To earn revenue again, you'll need to create a new AdSense association.
- If you’ve given other people access to your account, they won't be able to sign up for their own AdSense accounts with email addresses that are still associated with your account, so make sure you've removed the users from your account before cancellation.
- If your account balance is greater than the cancellation threshold, make sure that all holds are removed and your account is eligible to receive payments. Find out why your account may have a payment hold.
- If you want to save any report data for your records, you'll need to download your reports in comma separated values (CSV) format prior to canceling your account.
Was this article helpful?